The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 16, 2021, 08:21:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2021, 08:21:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Divination exchange organizing thread  (Read 31918 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #75: July 10, 2009, 01:16:47 am »

I suspect that it'll taper off pretty quickly.  There was an initial flood, then a few other people going "hey, that looks interesting" .. then it should taper pretty fast.
I guess that too.

If it doesn't, we still have the alternative of a subforum or another one without administration work would be for seekers to post their questions in their personal blog. Readers can post their readings there through the blog comment function. We could open one separate thread for requests, so readers see there are new ones, then go over the blog link below the seeker's avatar or just post the requests here.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #76: July 10, 2009, 05:31:37 am »

Btw, will be on hiking this weekend, see you all on Monday. Smiley

Driven by Dreams
Journeyman
Last Login:December 18, 2011, 10:11:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: Absurdism

From LiveJournal Community: Cat_Macros

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #77: July 10, 2009, 11:02:13 am »

Just an FYI you guys; I won't be online for the next two weeks. But I'll look forward to catching up by then!

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #78: July 10, 2009, 01:21:32 pm »

If it doesn't, we still have the alternative of a subforum or another one without administration work would be for seekers to post their questions in their personal blog.

The problem with that is that blogs are a Full Member privilege, if I'm remembering correctly.  Regular members could neither post a request that way nor submit a reading.  The Full/Regular member division is one of the reasons this SIG was created, rather than leaving such things to the Divinatory Arts folder, which is also Full Member.

This was something I ran into when i carried over my guinea pigs thread.  I wound up putting it in a 101 folder for greater access.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #79: July 12, 2009, 04:08:19 pm »

The problem with that is that blogs are a Full Member privilege, if I'm remembering correctly.  Regular members could neither post a request that way nor submit a reading.  The Full/Regular member division is one of the reasons this SIG was created, rather than leaving such things to the Divinatory Arts folder, which is also Full Member.
I wasn't aware of this and it doesn't make sense to restrict it 'accidentally' to full members. I guess it's the same issue with TCN? (Plus the issue, that some people might not want to join TCN even if they could.)

Personally I really like the way it works now, just discussing alternatives.

Unmutual
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 02, 2013, 10:12:32 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bokononism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #80: July 21, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:
- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current schedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

I'd love to take part in this, on both sides, if there are still people wanting readings or guinea pigs.

I've been experimenting with Tarot for about five months now, and only have a single deck - the Lord of the Rings pack, and I freely confess it's not one I get on with. I hope to replace it fairly soon. I tend to freewheel with spreads, and it seems to work fairly well. I've only started practicing with friends very recently, and would be most happy to do general readings - I'm willing to try specific questions, but would worry about influencing people badly in important matters due to my dodgy interpretation. So far, I feel my biggest failing is an inability to discount what I already know and read the cards impartially (i.e. if I believe a situation will go badly, generally I'll find it in the cards), which I hope to iron out by practicing on relative strangers. I'll definitely be here for the next two weeks, so I'll keep an eye out for anyone who seems neglected. Or something.

And if people still want guinea pigs, I do have a specific question which, due to the lack of impartiality mentioned, I've found very hard to read for myself. Although it's too late for me to start a new thread now.

Looking forward to taking part

~Unmutual
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #81: July 22, 2009, 04:09:53 am »

I'd love to take part in this, on both sides, if there are still people wanting readings or guinea pigs.
Welcome, Unmutual! If there aren't fresh guinea pigs at the moment you could also give a second or third opinion on a question that has already been answered. Smiley

Unmutual
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 02, 2013, 10:12:32 am

Religion: Bokononism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #82: July 22, 2009, 06:00:45 pm »

Welcome, Unmutual! If there aren't fresh guinea pigs at the moment you could also give a second or third opinion on a question that has already been answered. Smiley

Thank you - I will do that next time I'm in the right mood. Cheers.
Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #83: July 23, 2009, 12:26:55 pm »

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? which sort of? cards? which cards?)

- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)

- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)

- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

Hi there.  I'm here throwing my hat in for "reader" status.

I read Tarot.  I am relatively inexperienced and self/book taught, although not new.  I first bought the Native American Tarot deck about 11 years ago and just used it for personal issues and for the occasional friend who wanted a general reading.  Up until just recently my favorite spread with those cards was the Kachina Knife Spread.  I used it for everything, not just "yes/no" questions.  But I have recently hit a wall with that spread and need to try out something different.  It just isn't designed to do what I need now.  I have never done a distance reading before either, so that will also be a learning experience.

Primarily, I would like to focus on animal communication as I do rescue work and that is where I see myself using my gift most.  However, I need to practice overall, so here I am.

As far as my time schedule goes, I work a lot between my real job and my other side ventures, so I will just be participating as I can with special priority to anyone who wants to have a reading on their animal.

Guen  ~:)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #84: July 24, 2009, 04:09:22 pm »

Hi there.  I'm here throwing my hat in for "reader" status.
Welcome, Guenthecat!

Btw, I'll be on a trip till the 9th of August, but there will be enough other readers. Smiley

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #85: August 02, 2009, 09:57:50 pm »

(I'm late coming to this thread as I don't usually read this folder.)

I would like to be a guinea pig for any or all of you who'd like to have a go if ya'll are still reading for the guinea pigs on here. Wink

I need to narrow down what my question is as I have several things on my plate right now: back to school for my son, starting college for me, Marian's cancer treatments and various appointments to deal with that, my own issues w/r/t health, well-being and weight loss and those are just the ones I can think of right now!

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Germany Germany

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #86: August 03, 2009, 12:54:34 pm »

I would like to be a guinea pig for any or all of you who'd like to have a go if ya'll are still reading for the guinea pigs on here. Wink

I need to narrow down what my question is as I have several things on my plate right now: back to school for my son, starting college for me, Marian's cancer treatments and various appointments to deal with that, my own issues w/r/t health, well-being and weight loss and those are just the ones I can think of right now!
Hey, nice to see you here, Celtee. If you're not sure what to ask, you could also ask for a general reading, various fields or ask the readers to just pick one aspect they like. If you open a DivEx-thread with your name anyone can give it a shot. Wink

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #87: August 03, 2009, 10:14:11 pm »

Hey, nice to see you here, Celtee. If you're not sure what to ask, you could also ask for a general reading, various fields or ask the readers to just pick one aspect they like. If you open a DivEx-thread with your name anyone can give it a shot. Wink

Various fields?

I've narrowed it to two questions; they're related to each other so I'm off to post.

Thanks, Waldfrau. Smiley

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #88: August 03, 2009, 11:00:49 pm »

If we proceed this thread will become the thread for requests and offerings. I think anyone who offers to do divination might want to post a quick intro with his/her first offer:

I mostly use my tarot cards (specifically the Sharman-Caselli deck, which is a Rider-Waite system), and I'd say I'm a beginner/intermediate with it. So far what I've drawn has come true either fully or partially. Doesn't mean it will happen every time, though.

I am however more interested in using my dice system I have. I haven't used it yet (I intend to shortly), but if someone wants me to use it I'll oblige. Practice is always good. Smiley

I'm pretty good with using the Celtic Cross, but can use other spreads (I have a couple, and some are specific for personal years). I'll do love questions if anyone wants to as well.

Like I said above, I'd classify myself as a beginner/intermediate. I've had more experience with the cards than with dice (which is a new system).

- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)
I don't really have much of a schedule at this point, so ask whenver and I'll probably get back to you within a couple of days. If anything comes up, I'll be sure to notify you ASAP.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Allati
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 15, 2012, 06:51:13 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox and eclectic pagan
TCN ID: Allati

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #89: September 07, 2009, 07:05:09 pm »

Alright, I'm pretty scared of doing this, but here we go!

Cards:
Celtic Dragon Tarot
Ancient Egyptian Tarot
The Book of Doors

I also use Fedw (Fed-oo). This is a divination method using four sticks which is taught by Kemetic Orthodoxy to interested Shemsu.

The card I'm most likely to do layouts from is the Celtic Dragon Tarot, though I have only recently begun to connect with it again. With the other two decks I pretty much just pull how many cards I am told to, as both of those decks are simply mouthpieces of deities. There's no layout, I am simply given one or more cards, which I read the meaning of, and a combination of that and whatever feeling they are giving me tells me what's being said.

The AE Tarot belongs to Serqet (or Selket, or var). She originally only spoke to me, but I made a specific arrangement and now she will speak to others. Since this is the section for "won't do"s, I would warn against frivolous questions with Serqet. She's a strong healer and has in the past told people things they really did not want to hear. She probably won't answer unless the question or situation is something requiring her guidance.

The Book of Doors belongs to Wepwawet (or Upuaut). I haven't established anything in particular with him. My warning is, be prepared for me to tell you your reading went weird. Wepwawet isn't scared to pull out a bizarre card of doom and gloom just to say "shut up" or "stop being silly". Don't ask anything you already know the answer to to lessen the chances of this.

Fedw in my case always asks questions of Wepwawet. It's has a couple of reading styles, one is very yes/no, and one has slightly more scope. Note: There is a reading here that *will force me to stop the reading*. So the warnings above doubly apply, please don't ask anything you already know the answer to, you could knock my sticks out of commission for a day.

I am pretty much a beginner looking for more experience, and trying out new systems (fedw). I have done quite a few readings for myself from Serqet, all of which have been clear and accurate, but this is really me branching out into reading for others. I've read for another once, and it went pretty well (although awkward thanks to the answer).

I don't work so I'm free pretty much all the time. However I do require a degree of cleanliness. No ritual purity, thankfully, but Serqet in particular does ask that I am recently showered (I am mentally disabled so sometimes this is not always the case) and have washed my hands beforehand. So I do probably need a day or two to get back to something.

I do prefer to work in IM or something similar. I am willing to try reading based on forums alone (particularly for fedw), but at the moment I'd be a bit nervous as I know I need to feel a connection and feel the cards and/or deities co-operating before I am able to know which cards I am supposed to draw.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 07:08:04 pm by Allati » Logged

Henytenwepwawet

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)