The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 16, 2021, 09:07:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2021, 09:07:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Divination exchange organizing thread  (Read 31921 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #90: September 08, 2009, 06:47:54 am »

I am pretty much a beginner looking for more experience, and trying out new systems (fedw).
Welcome, Allati! Great you want to contribute...and we are all here to learn more. Wink

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #91: May 09, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »

I'd like to participate, and I hope I understood this correctly.

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

I work with the Egipcios Kier Tarot, and I have a couple layouts that I work with often, but I like to collect them and choose according to the situation I'm divining, sometimes even create them as I go. I consider myself a beginner, although I've been reading it for 2-3 years and according to my guinea pigs Wink my readings are pretty accurate. My schedule is not very light, I'll probably not answer rigth away, but probably within the week.

I would also like to be a guinea pig. Should I start a thread with 'DivEx - Selegna' as the thread title, and ask my questions there?

Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #92: May 09, 2010, 05:50:41 pm »

Should I start a thread with 'DivEx - Selegna' as the thread title, and ask my questions there?

That's the way it works. Smiley
And if somebody puts up a thread, asking for a reading, you just go ahead, when you feel like it, and answer in the persons DivEx thread.

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Selegna
Master Member
Last Login:July 26, 2012, 08:50:53 pm
Argentina Argentina

Religion: Eclectic, polytheist, follower of Loki, Brighid and Hera.

Blog entries (0)

IceAngie

Ignore
« Reply #93: May 09, 2010, 06:04:39 pm »

That's the way it works. Smiley
And if somebody puts up a thread, asking for a reading, you just go ahead, when you feel like it, and answer in the persons DivEx thread.

Ok, thanks Tana. Smiley *Hurries to start the thread before going back to study*

Psimon
Journeyman
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 04:10:11 pm
United States United States

Religion: ADF (very new dedicant)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #94: May 15, 2010, 01:00:03 am »

Directions for diviners
Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:
- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

Oh dear oh dear! I contributed a divination without introducing myself -- hope that's not too too awful.

Anyway, belatedly:
I use the yijing, with yarrow stalks. I have three or four different (scholarly) translations I pull from in interpretation.
I have pretty solid experience using the system and know much of its history. I'm not an expert by any means -- I'd say I'm an informed novice. I do not have any cultural connection to China and do not want to give the impression that I claim that; my interest in the yijing started out as purely academic. I acknowledge its context and the thousands of years of interpretation that overlay it, and (as is traditional) regard the physical process of casting as influenced by, roughly, "the spirits" or archetypal ancestors. Depending on not much more than whim, I use the zhouyi only or the complete yijing, ten wings and trigrams and all.
As for schedule, I will be dropping by when I have time.
SunflowerP
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:May 05, 2021, 06:20:17 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #95: July 10, 2010, 10:14:44 am »

I was looking in the SIG archives for something else, and happened to notice that the DivEx Project had its first anniversary a couple of weeks ago.  How cool is that?

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #96: July 10, 2010, 10:25:50 am »

I was looking in the SIG archives for something else, and happened to notice that the DivEx Project had its first anniversary a couple of weeks ago.  How cool is that?

Sunflower

Woooooot!
That is very cool and I want to say, that I really like this SIG and want to thank all the folks that is so willing to volunteer as guinea pigs. Smiley

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Hyacinth Belle
Adept Member
Last Login:December 03, 2011, 01:02:54 pm

Religion: Heathen/Taoist
TCN ID: Hyacinth_Belle

Making my sun run...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #97: July 12, 2010, 08:03:07 pm »

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? which sort of? cards? which cards?)
Just getting more into runes now. I also have a tarot set... it's been used a few times but spends most of its time collecting dust. Wink I've also used a pendulum but not for a very long time.

I made my runes myself. Nothing fancy but I like 'em! As for my cards, I have the De Burgh Celtic Tarot set. They were a gift, and they're alright enough, but if I ever buy myself a deck I'd probably get something different. And my pendulum is an old heavy ring made from the handle of a piece of silverware. Smiley I love it, although I don't use it hardly at all anymore.

Er... not sure how to answer this question. lol. I'm about up for anything now! Until inspiration strikes me further, I'm sticking with just drawing three runes to interpret.

Definitely beginner and dabbler. I'm posting this now mostly because I want to start using my runes. And I don't just use them for divination either!

I've done some stuff in the past with tarot... mostly personal readings. However, I more often just pulled what *I* wanted to hear, so I stopped doing that pretty much. Should be interesting working with the runes and doing it for others!

Somewhat busy... who isn't?

"She who stands on tiptoe / doesn't stand firm. / She who rushes ahead / doesn't go far. / She who tries to shine / dims her own light. / She who defines herself / can't know who she really is. / She who has power over others / can't empower herself. / She who clings to her work / will create nothing that endures. / If you want to accord with the Tao, / just do your job, then let go." ~ Tao Te Ching, chp. 24

"Silent and thoughtful a prince's son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15
Dara
Apprentice
Last Login:November 07, 2013, 12:07:26 am

Religion: Eclectic Pagan

Born to Lurk

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #98: July 19, 2010, 03:36:22 pm »

I practice (emphasis on "practice" at the moment) tarot, using Selena Lin's Manga Tarot deck.

I'm not quite up to large spreads like the Celtic cross yet, but I've had success with three-card spreads.  Past-Present-Future, Mind-Body-Spirit, Personal-Social-Spiritual, etc.

My favourite three-card spread, which I don't remember the source of anymore, involves breaking the deck into 1. major arcana (trumps), 2. court cards (king, queen, knight, and page), and 3. minor arcana (ace-ten), and shuffling and pulling one from each "mini-deck."

I'm open to any sort of questions for now; I don't know whether I may turn out to be better at divining some than others.

Since I've gone through periods of practice and non-practice, I'm calling myself a beginner.

I can get readings done relatively quickly, but I've never read for people I don't know personally before, so I may take a few days to answer.
nyx190
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 24, 2010, 11:49:25 am
Canada Canada

Religion: none
TCN ID: nyx190

Gravatar

Blog entries (8)

http://www.myspace.com/he http://www.facebook.com/h jessicapaskaruk

Ignore
« Reply #99: September 04, 2010, 03:55:18 pm »

i do mostly tarot card readings and i have done readings with playing cards (cartomancy)

right now i use mostly the celtic cross but if asked i will do others

right now i am just a beginer and am learning hoping to get better

i have s 2 year old so i am pretty busy but i try to come online at keast once a day
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #100: September 05, 2010, 04:02:49 pm »

Yay us!!!

I was too occupied lately to answer any div requests, but I'm still there.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)