The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 20, 2019, 11:24:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 11:24:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, I give up - help! (Pretty please?)  (Read 4554 times)
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm
United States United States

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: July 03, 2009, 09:09:45 pm »

Ha! I like that.

(I've sometimes proposed that as a reason why we should stop obsessively watching/reading the news - we just end up with a huge worry list (bigger by far than any past human generation has ever had to deal with, since we are now so incredibly media-saturated) that we mostly CAN'T do anything about.)

(Hope YOUR list stays manageable, despite random people like me creeping onto it.)

~V~* (feeling not-too-bad right now, with maaaaaaaximum strength benzocaine)

It is always there, always changing.  Currently there are only a small handful of people on the list, which is a nice change from the past, when there have been dozens at a time.  Most have resolved themselves, in the way best for their lives.  

I only check the news occasionally, because of this.  I can't do much about the really big stuff going on in the world, so I'll stick to the things I can do something about, and not worry about the rest.  If it isn't on my worry list, it doesn't get worried about.  Wink

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Kalonyction
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 07, 2009, 04:35:01 pm

Religion: Quasi-Experienced and Sort-Of-Seeking

(The Artist Formerly Known As BlueFeather)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: July 04, 2009, 09:15:54 pm »

That's one of the best things I know of for temporary toothache relief.

Okay, it's on my list then. Mom can't find hers but I'll bet the local pharmacy can.

It never ceases to amaze me how facial/oral pain is so much less ignorable than just about any other kind. I'm usually pretty stoic about pain, but yesterday this actually had me on the verge of crying like a hurt three-year-old. I feel like one of those really distorted drawings that illustrates the density of sensory nerves in different areas of the body... a homunculus with an enormous mouth. Ha!

I do seem to be getting it under some sort of control, got some sleep today finally, so I'm VERY grateful.

~V~*

... it was as if there were a scent in her own nostrils or a glittering trail
laid out before her, the path of the Moon. It was like
the directionless direction, the windless wind on her cheek...
Robin McKinley

And further still, at an unearthly height
One luminary clock against the sky
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
Robert Frost
Kalonyction
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: July 04, 2009, 09:25:08 pm »

It is always there, always changing.  Currently there are only a small handful of people on the list, which is a nice change from the past, when there have been dozens at a time.  Most have resolved themselves, in the way best for their lives.  

I only check the news occasionally, because of this.  I can't do much about the really big stuff going on in the world, so I'll stick to the things I can do something about, and not worry about the rest.  If it isn't on my worry list, it doesn't get worried about.  Wink

Sounds like you really have a handle on your list.

Mine is largely composed of a few huge things that never get resolved and likely never will. I'm sure that does wonders for my health. Heh. Maybe it's time I did some ruthless pruning.

~V~*

Robin McKinley

Robert Frost
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 17, 2019, 11:13:29 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: July 04, 2009, 09:55:17 pm »

I do seem to be getting it under some sort of control, got some sleep today finally, so I'm VERY grateful.

I'm glad to hear that.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #19: July 04, 2009, 10:42:39 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me how facial/oral pain is so much less ignorable than just about any other kind.

I know exactly what you mean.  I've been dealing with a tooth that needs pulled for a couple of weeks now.  What finally made it stop hurting (I think) was a weird series of dreams/visions that I've been encouraging since they started on their own, and trying to recreate consciously.

Just in case it helps, I'll link you to the lj post I made about it.  There's some other stuff in there too, but the tooth thing is actually finished.  It still needs pulled, but it doesn't hurt anymore.

http://absentmindedcan.livejournal.com/7161.html

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Kalonyction
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: July 06, 2009, 11:48:24 am »

I'm glad to hear that.

... and I was glad to say it! Smiley

~V~*

Robin McKinley

Robert Frost
Kalonyction
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: July 06, 2009, 12:24:20 pm »

I know exactly what you mean.  I've been dealing with a tooth that needs pulled for a couple of weeks now.  What finally made it stop hurting (I think) was a weird series of dreams/visions that I've been encouraging since they started on their own, and trying to recreate consciously.

Just in case it helps, I'll link you to the lj post I made about it.  There's some other stuff in there too, but the tooth thing is actually finished.  It still needs pulled, but it doesn't hurt anymore.

http://absentmindedcan.livejournal.com/7161.html

Absent

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaa........................................

I have to say, that is some SERIOUS dream sh*t!!! I'm impressed as all hell. I mean, yes, squick and all, but still... wow!!! That's what I call "tuned in"... that's functional dream-magick, and very shamanic in flavor.

(In the anthropological or comp. rel. sense, I mean, not a culture-specific sense. Putting aside for the moment arguments about the propriety of such clumping, if you do choose to view it - for some purposes - as a cross-cultural genre of sorts, then that genre contains a very interesting thread of being-taken-apart-and-put-back-together scenarios in the dreaming/visioning/journeying experience.)

Anyway... wow!

Thanks for sharing that. It's made me think. (Hell, a LOT of stuff here has made me think lately!)

I do tend toward having dreams that speak in very clear metaphorical language, and sometimes of the recurring variety. I wake up knowing exactly what it meant and why I needed to dream it. But the downside of this may be that if I don't immediately see the meaning of a dream, I tend to discount its possible message value and file it away under "weird random dream-stuff." Or sometimes I recognize that it represents an issue that is troubling me, but since I don't see any particular message in it (or my waking self isn't ready to admit to seeing it), I don't push any deeper. This is a tactic which I have later come to regret.

For years I've had an occasionally recurring nightmare about losing my teeth. I had brushed it off as having no message-content, as just being an unadmitted waking fear (since I do have untreated, and unlikely-to-be-treated, dental issues, which for sanity's sake I largely try to ignore). But now I'm wondering. I doubt it's a segue into the kind of dream-work you're describing (I'm simply not that in tune), but now that I'm looking at it as possibly significant (i.e., telling me things I don't consciously know or think about, instead of just rehashing things I do), I'm thinking that there's an awful lot of potential metaphorical ground to cover there, which is related to both physical and spiritual issues, and I've been ignoring it. :::shudder:::

I'm well aware that a lot of my current health problems are related to personal/emotional issues. I just haven't found the "key" to get in yet, and this has been immensely frustrating and disheartening. Maybe I need to pay a little more attention to what I am being given, even if it's not what I think I should be looking for.

Mmmph...

~Val~*

Robin McKinley

Robert Frost
Kalonyction
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: July 06, 2009, 12:43:52 pm »

By the way: I seriously appreciate the energy/prayer/assistance/warm thoughts, and I think it has helped. I don't tend to seek help, I tend to just try and push my way through whatever I'm dealing with. So there's probably some degree of healing just in the feeling of being, for once, the cared-for instead of the caretaker.

Where I'm at right now is: pain has lessened to bearable levels, and I'm pretty sure that it's a combination of The Incredible Migrating Sinus Infection plus actual physical damage to the tooth, because the tide started to really turn yesterday with aggressive use of herbal antibiotics. Now I can feel the two separate pain-sources intersecting, and which treatment has an effect on which kind of pain. So I figure my task is to keep the pain levels low while waiting for the nerve to acclimate itself to sudden exposure and aggressively fighting the infection.

But I'm still pretty exhausted (my mother injured herself yesterday, so I'm playing caretaker in the midst of my own distress, which is a pretty typical occurrence) so please keep me on your "lists" for a little while if you're willing!

Thanks to all. You guys are great.

~Val~*

Robin McKinley

Robert Frost

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)