The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 03, 2022, 10:52:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2022, 10:52:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What's everyone's favorite music?  (Read 11295 times)
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #30: October 16, 2009, 06:21:04 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_No_More  Yes, it looks like they had five.  I had 'We Care a Lot"

Oh I know that song.  It's on the "Grosse Pointe Blank" soundtrack.  I didn't realize who sang it.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

herbalgoddess13
Adept Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 08:07:55 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: herbalgoddess13

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: October 17, 2009, 03:04:22 pm »

Oh I know that song.  It's on the "Grosse Pointe Blank" soundtrack.  I didn't realize who sang it.
It came out on the tail end of my 'wild youth' days.  When City Club in Detroit was more goth than S&M and Todds and the Alcove were still around.  Sometimes I miss the wild days...

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ~ Neil Gaiman

My Blog
Drgong
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 28, 2011, 05:36:10 pm

Religion: LDS -- "Mormon"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: October 18, 2009, 09:47:11 am »

Since I started it I'll have to say I'm into a lot of Viking and Folk Metal, Punk, and 70s and 80s Metal.  Favorite band would have to be Tyr Cheesy

What I always go back to King Crimson, but I wonder about on what I listen too, mostly 1970s Rock and progressive rock, with a little bit of Folk, blues, and Jazz mixed in, and I will listen to Pink Floyd, some Zappa, Altman brothers, Warren Zevon, and Kraftwerk unless I am floundered on it.  Right now I have been listening to the Wicker man (1973) Soundtrack on my ride to and from work. 

This is a gentle reminder to myself, by the god(s) remember to leave a quote to what you are replying to.   This board prefers quoting.
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: March 17, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

Since I started it I'll have to say I'm into a lot of Viking and Folk Metal, Punk, and 70s and 80s Metal.  Favorite band would have to be Tyr Cheesy

Just found, and fell in love with, Florence and the Machine (one long band name, can't place a genre...), and Rodrigo and Gabriela (an acoustic guitar duo). Seriously, try listening to this (don't mind the music vid) and this (they build up to the good stuff so stick with it). They are both amazing...

Other than those, my current favorites playlist contains:
Damien Rice
Train
Jim Croce
Missy Higgins
Glen Hansard
A Fine Frenzy
Rob Thomas & Matchbox 20
Hootie and the Blowfish
Deathcab for Cutie
Dave Matthews Band
Patrick Park
Howie Day
Michael Martin Murphey
Simon and Garfunkle
Fleetwood Mac
Nickel Creek
Joshua Radin
Willie Nelson
The Calling
and Howard Shore

So, uh, yeah. Pretty eclectic. Just, please, please, please, nothing where people scream incoherently at the mic and/or whack their guitars instead of putting in the effort to extract actual notes...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:04:53 pm by Kasmira » Logged

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #34: March 17, 2010, 06:45:41 pm »

Just, please, please, please, nothing where people scream incoherently at the mic and/or whack their guitars instead of putting in the effort to extract actual notes...

Lol, you'd hate my music then. I have an affiliation for some black metal, melodic death metal, thrash metal, and a touch of grindcore. Other than that, I like some jazz, psychadelic stuff, folk, orchestretal stuff, 80s pop songs, but my favorite of all is fantasy fiction power metal like Blind Guardian (luv them).

Right now I have an obsession with Fleetwood Mac.

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548
moonlion
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 22, 2010, 08:18:30 am
Portugal Portugal

Religion: Pagan

Share wisdom and beauty

Blog entries (0)

Moon Lion

Ignore
« Reply #35: March 18, 2010, 09:13:53 am »

Since I started it I'll have to say I'm into a lot of Viking and Folk Metal, Punk, and 70s and 80s Metal.  Favorite band would have to be Tyr Cheesy

Talking about favourite music, it really depends on my mood. But when I need strength and to shake me up, I hear a lot of times "I walk beside you" from Dream Theater.

"There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go." Richard Bach in: A Bridge Across Forever * Visit me at Genus Loci
alleyesonazarath
Master Member
Last Login:June 09, 2011, 08:27:09 am

Religion: Vanir influenced mystic with druidic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Alleyesonazarath Base

Ignore
« Reply #36: March 18, 2010, 09:16:11 am »

Talking about favourite music, it really depends on my mood. But when I need strength and to shake me up, I hear a lot of times "I walk beside you" from Dream Theater.

Thank you for inspiring me moonlion! I was wondering what to do today, I think I'm going to pop in my dvd for "Metropolis pt2: Scenes from a Memory!"   Woo hoo!

This post was brought to you by a college student that likes to soundeth profoundeth.

Are you bored, and would like to be bothered? Add me on Facebook, at  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683767548#!/profile.php?id=100000683767548

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)