The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 11, 2021, 08:59:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2021, 08:59:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Enochian Magic  (Read 5126 times)
Hydra
Journeyman
Last Login:November 07, 2009, 08:59:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan Hearth Witch

Let's have some tea!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 12, 2009, 01:00:57 pm »

I hope this is the right section for this post.

I have been reading and researching lately about Enochian Magic.  I am very interested to hear from anyone who has knowledge or experience with this path.  I see it as being tied to Christianity and I would like to learn more about how this system was developed and how and who is using Enochian Magic in the present.  Thanks so much!

The most revolutionary act you can commit in today's society is to be publicly happy - Dr. Hunter Adams

I was never the girl next door - Bettie Page

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

T Bone
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 15, 2009, 02:55:52 am

Religion: Theistic Satanism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 16, 2009, 09:22:35 am »

I hope this is the right section for this post.

I have been reading and researching lately about Enochian Magic.  I am very interested to hear from anyone who has knowledge or experience with this path.  I see it as being tied to Christianity and I would like to learn more about how this system was developed and how and who is using Enochian Magic in the present.  Thanks so much!

I don't work with Enochian entities, but there is a debate brewing over whether they are actually angels or Demons.  I do, however, use a variation of the Enochian Tablets in spell and ritual work.  Anton LaVey uses his own version of the Enochian Keys in The Satanic Bible, but I don't use that at all.  Lon Milo Duquette has some great books available on working with Enochian entities.  I just want to give a word of warning in that working with these entities, at least as far as I have heard, can be very rewarding but also very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.  Please be very careful - and I would suggest reading Duquette's works above others in this particular area as I know he is well-versed in the subject matter!

"Death is delightful, Death is dawn - the waking from a weary night of fevers unto Truth and Light."  ~James Russell Lowell
SororM
Senior Newbie
Last Login:July 21, 2009, 05:43:27 pm

Religion: Thelema

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: July 17, 2009, 06:01:40 pm »

I don't work with Enochian entities, but there is a debate brewing over whether they are actually angels or Demons.  I do, however, use a variation of the Enochian Tablets in spell and ritual work.  Anton LaVey uses his own version of the Enochian Keys in The Satanic Bible, but I don't use that at all.  Lon Milo Duquette has some great books available on working with Enochian entities.  I just want to give a word of warning in that working with these entities, at least as far as I have heard, can be very rewarding but also very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.  Please be very careful - and I would suggest reading Duquette's works above others in this particular area as I know he is well-versed in the subject matter!

Id doesn't matter if they're angels or demons--it depends on what terminology you want to use I guess.  They are certainly not in the same class of entities as say the Goetic Demons--there is just no comparison, unless you want to go to the level of "well you evoke both of them".

I would say Enochian Magick is for someone who is experienced with Ritual Magick and evocation--in other words I wouldn't start here.  Du Quette's book is great but I also like to look at the older texts that inspire such things (even if they are more difficult).  Du Quette imho tends to dumb down certain--but that's somewhat irrelevant.

I particularly wanted to address the questioner's remark about Enochian being "tied to Christianity".  This is somewhat true in that Medieval Ritual Magick which helped inspire this system and well as many of its most prominent practitioners (e.g. John Dee) came from a Christain tradition.  However it is more firmly rooted in Hebrew mysticism, and its most recent (and probably effective) incarnations have occurred in modern Western Hermetic circles.

Why would it be important that it is tied to Christianity.  Imho, approaching the Angels as anything less than a Magician (i.e. a supplicant) as a Christian might do would be a misunderstanding of the nature of this system.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)