The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 02, 2022, 08:22:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 08:22:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Request for healing prayers and energy  (Read 16793 times)
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: May 03, 2007, 03:30:41 pm »

Well, I've had something of a revelation about my recent and continuing depression saga and I thought I'd share it with you all, since you've been so kind with the outpouring support.

Debilitating migraines:  They're better than suicide.

oh GODS.

At least you figured it out and there's an end in sight.  I'm so glad you found it out!

{{{{{Moon Ivy}}}}}}

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: May 03, 2007, 03:33:35 pm »

oh GODS.

At least you figured it out and there's an end in sight.  I'm so glad you found it out!

{{{{{Moon Ivy}}}}}}

Thanks!

At least, jeez, I HOPE this is the problem!!!   Wink

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: May 03, 2007, 03:39:57 pm »

Thanks!

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Here's something that will hopefully make you smile .. at least it didn't make you psychotic! Cheesy  (yes, I did have that problem.  and yes, it was medication, stop looking at me that way!)

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: May 03, 2007, 03:41:26 pm »

Here's something that will hopefully make you smile .. at least it didn't make you psychotic! Cheesy  (yes, I did have that problem.  and yes, it was medication, stop looking at me that way!)

Ummmm.  OK.  But, assuming you're off that medication, what's causing the psychosis now?   Wink

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #19: May 03, 2007, 03:51:26 pm »

Well, I've had something of a revelation about my recent and continuing depression saga and I thought I'd share it with you all, since you've been so kind with the outpouring of support.

<snip>

Please keep it coming a little while longer.  It's going to take me about a month to get off of this evil drug.  I figure the last two weeks were the worst, so the next two weeks are likely to be pretty bad, as well, since I'll have nearly as much of the drug in me.  After that the levels will be going down faster.

And my motto for the next month will be:

Man. I knew that some meds have warnings about suicidal tendancies/thoughts on them but I'd thought they were mainly for adolescents! I learned something new today.  Undecided

Hang in there, Moon Ivy, and, when you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on tighter!

{{{{Moon Ivy}}}} You're in my prayers and thoughts.  Smiley

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: May 03, 2007, 03:55:51 pm »

Ummmm.  OK.  But, assuming you're off that medication, what's causing the psychosis now?   Wink

um ... motherhood? Cheesy

Lifewish
Journeyman
Last Login:October 06, 2011, 11:27:39 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: May 03, 2007, 05:56:11 pm »

Absolutely.  I'm so glad you figured out what was going on!  The next couple of weeks probably won't be pretty, but we're all here for support when you need it.  Hang in there!

Lifewish
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: May 03, 2007, 06:03:52 pm »

um ... motherhood? Cheesy

Oh!  Then maybe it's not the Topamax after all.  Maybe it's the teenagers!   Grin

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #23: May 03, 2007, 06:06:46 pm »

It looks like it probably is to me. I don't believe in coincidence in cases like these.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: May 03, 2007, 08:17:19 pm »

Speaking as one who experiences severe debilitating headaches, yes I'll agree with you.  The gods know I certainly don't want to come back and do all this again.  I *really* don't want to go through puberty again Wink

Take care of yourself, Moon Ivy.  I've come to value your thoughts and comments here.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: May 04, 2007, 08:07:14 am »

Please keep it coming a little while longer.  It's going to take me about a month to get off of this evil drug.  I figure the last two weeks were the worst, so the next two weeks are likely to be pretty bad, as well, since I'll have nearly as much of the drug in me.  After that the levels will be going down faster.

Good grief.  Of course we'll keep throwing the hugs and candles at you!  I'm glad you've figured something out.  Are you going to be starting a different drug regime once you're off the Topamax?

And on the question of depression as a side effect--this is one reason I'm rather hesitant to start taking this nuclear drug Accutane for my (rather bad) acne.  I mean, I hate my acne (at 20 years old, I'd thought I'd grow out of it, not experience even WORSE symptoms), but this drug not only can cause major birth defects (!!), but has a risk of depression.  I'm already kind of prone to feelings like that--I don't want more of them just because of meds.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: May 04, 2007, 05:46:58 pm »

Good grief.  Of course we'll keep throwing the hugs and candles at you!  I'm glad you've figured something out.  Are you going to be starting a different drug regime once you're off the Topamax?

Thanks!

I'm not sure yet.  I've already tried every migraine drug known to mankind -- nothing works except Topamax.  Acupuncture used to work, but then stopped for no apparent reason.  Maybe the massage therapy will help...  Fingers crossed on that.

And on the question of depression as a side effect--this is one reason I'm rather hesitant to start taking this nuclear drug Accutane for my (rather bad) acne.  I mean, I hate my acne (at 20 years old, I'd thought I'd grow out of it, not experience even WORSE symptoms), but this drug not only can cause major birth defects (!!), but has a risk of depression.  I'm already kind of prone to feelings like that--I don't want more of them just because of meds.

Yeah, this was a huge surprise, especially since I've been on Topamax before without this problem.  I knew to watch for suicidal thoughts with certain antidepressants when my daughters started taking them, but just didn't expect it in myself with this drug.  I guess you never know how meds can muck around with your brain chemistry.

It's all such a nasty cost-benefit analysis.  Undecided

ShadowcatCM
Adept Member
Last Login:July 16, 2009, 05:14:58 pm

Religion: witchy Pagan - quite eclectic

Every action, even inaction, affects someone.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: May 05, 2007, 07:53:55 pm »

Well, I've had something of a revelation about my recent and continuing depression saga and I thought I'd share it with you all, since you've been so kind with the outpouring of support.

I've been on this forum long enough that you probably know that this is unusual behavior for me.  I've never had more than a passing problem with depression -- the kind of "down in the dumps" everyone gets.  To be literally suicidal several times in a two week period is so far out of my normal zone that, in my lucid periods, I figured there's just GOTTA be something causing it.

So I took a really hard look at what's happening it my life.  Yes, I just had a hysterectomy.  Yes, I lost my job and haven't found another yet.  And, yes, both of those things are big.  But until two weeks ago I was coping with them OK.  What changed?

Answer:  Medicine.  My doctor put me on Topamax to treat migraines.  I'd been on it for a few weeks, but it requires a slow increase to get to the appropriate levels, and I'd just about reached that level a couple of weeks ago.  I was on this drug several years ago with no similar problem, so it didn't occur to me to think about depression as a side effect.  But I went online last night, and sure enough, depression is listed.  And I found several websites and blogs of people who had very similar experiences as mine:  sudden and severe onset of depression and suicidal thoughts -- and in people who, like me, had no history of clinical depression.

Unfortunately, I can't just stop Topamax cold turkey, as doing so causes a risk of seizures.  I have to taper off just as gradually as I tapered on.  But at least I know what's going on now, and when those horrible, cold feelings hit, maybe I can fight them a little better now.  Plus, there's an end in sight.

So, thank you all for the healing and prayers you've been sending.  I credit you with giving me the inspiration and strength to figure this out.  I think I might have just given up if you all hadn't been throwing all those hugs and candles and energies at me.

Awww. (((Moon Ivy)))

I'm still lighting a candle for you every night.

No matter how bad it gets, remember that we are here for you. And if you need someone to talk to, just PM or email me. I sort of know what you're going through (though I didn't have depression with propranolol, I had just about every OTHER side effect listed on the damn thing. Including vision problems. *headdesk*).

Good motto... wish I'd thought of something similar while I was undergoing the propranolol trial...

Shadowcat

Shadowcat Cloudmoon
Chat Host at The Cauldron
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #28: May 05, 2007, 08:10:17 pm »

Awww. (((Moon Ivy)))

I'm still lighting a candle for you every night.

No matter how bad it gets, remember that we are here for you. And if you need someone to talk to, just PM or email me. I sort of know what you're going through (though I didn't have depression with propranolol, I had just about every OTHER side effect listed on the damn thing. Including vision problems. *headdesk*).

Good motto... wish I'd thought of something similar while I was undergoing the propranolol trial...

Shadowcat

Thanks, Cat.

I had another little meltdown last night, and am fighting one right now, as I type.  Last night, I got through it by dragging my poor kids out for falafel.   Wink  Maybe tonight will be movie night or something.

Drugs.  Arrrrgh.

But it WILL get better, damn it.

ShadowcatCM
Adept Member
Last Login:July 16, 2009, 05:14:58 pm

Religion: witchy Pagan - quite eclectic

Every action, even inaction, affects someone.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: May 05, 2007, 08:20:59 pm »

Thanks, Cat.

I had another little meltdown last night, and am fighting one right now, as I type.  Last night, I got through it by dragging my poor kids out for falafel.   Wink  Maybe tonight will be movie night or something.

Drugs.  Arrrrgh.

But it WILL get better, damn it.

Wink Make 'em FUNNY movies, then. When I had the flu, I watched Ice Age and Ice Age 2... twice. Almost forgot I was sick in the first place. Wink

And, yes, it will get better. Tomorrow will be better, the day after that will be better yet, and so on. It won't be very much better yet for a while, but it will be better. Just take it one day at a time. That's how I got through the stupid withdrawal phase.

That and a lot of chocolate.

Shadowcat

Shadowcat Cloudmoon
Chat Host at The Cauldron

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)