The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 15, 2021, 05:42:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2021, 05:42:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What has magick done for you?  (Read 1817 times)
Gfunk
Last Login:August 13, 2009, 12:45:46 am
United States United States

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 13, 2009, 12:45:17 am »

Hello folks. I have spent the day perusing your forum here, and it's a very nice one!

I'm not a pagan or a magician, though I do feel a strong pull towards the art. I've been researching lightly for the last year or so. I've procured many grimoires and well written treaties expounding the art, and I'm leaning heavily towards ceremonial magick with a slight pagan vibe. I intend to start with basic ceremonies very shortly while I continue to research and better understand the direction I would like to proceed.

Now, my question to you experienced navigators of the path on which I will soon embark is this:

- How has magick impacted your life?
      • Have you achieved practical material results with magick?
      • In what ways has magick helped shape the evolution of your spiritual life?

I'm simply interested in hearing stories of how this art has influenced and shaped the lives of others, and I'm very excited about taking my first baby steps in my own journy. I appreciate and eagerly await your responses!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

dann
Apprentice
Last Login:October 06, 2009, 08:52:11 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 13, 2009, 07:18:06 pm »

Hello folks. I have spent the day perusing your forum here, and it's a very nice one!

I'm not a pagan or a magician, though I do feel a strong pull towards the art. I've been researching lightly for the last year or so. I've procured many grimoires and well written treaties expounding the art, and I'm leaning heavily towards ceremonial magick with a slight pagan vibe. I intend to start with basic ceremonies very shortly while I continue to research and better understand the direction I would like to proceed.

Now, my question to you experienced navigators of the path on which I will soon embark is this:

I'm simply interested in hearing stories of how this art has influenced and shaped the lives of others, and I'm very excited about taking my first baby steps in my own journy. I appreciate and eagerly await your responses!

I hope you continue researching Paganism and Ceremonial magick.  You will not be disappointed.  I have been practicing for approx. 30 years. What I have found out through my years is that you will have a feeling of pure peace and much happiness (spiritually).  There are the downfalls also but the benifits outway anything els.  I do practice Ceremonial magick and incorporate that into the traditions of witchcraft and found out that works very well for me.  Don't limit yourself to one avenue of magick. You also have to have the four pillars of magick if you want any results. They are Desire, Emotion,Belief and Imagery. Without those you'll be waisting your time and have no results. Good luck to you.....Dann     
Perzephone
Master Member
Last Login:February 26, 2010, 01:55:04 am

Religion: Unorthodox Pagan

Quantum Paganism for a New Millenium

Blog entries (0)

perzephone

Ignore
« Reply #2: August 14, 2009, 01:03:41 am »

Throughout my life I've practiced witchcraft with no religion attached, ceremonial magic(k), hoodoo, Vodou, Wiccan ritualized magic... basically, if a spell could be done, I've tried to do it.

When I started out it was emotionally-based most of the time. I wanted fame, fortune and hot guys to like me. I wanted to get back at people who hurt me, wanted to make people I didn't like go away, wanted to attract other people to me. As I got older, I found that more subtle results were desirable. Help someone get a better job to get their job, help a friend grow some balls & get out of a bad relationship, help myself grow some balls to move further up the career ladder.

Now, I don't use magic at all because I've found, through spiritual growth, that things happen for a reason and timing is everything.

One of the things I first learned through magical practice was self-discipline. If a spell is going to be successful, you have to be able to focus yourself on the outcome. You have to be able to be patient. You also have to be able to get past failure, record your experiences and learn from mistakes. If your attention span lasts approximately as long as the length of a sit-com between commercial breaks, chances are your magic isn't going to work well. If you can't ignore an itchy nose or forget to close the magic circle behind you because you really, really have to go pee, ritualized or higher ceremonial magic will most likely defeat you.

All that self-discipline and focus comes in handy in so many 'real life' situations now that I'm a grown person with a job, full-time college courses, a husband and family responsibilities. I can make it through the world's longest, most boring and pointless staff meeting without letting the boss see me sitting there fidgeting, shuffling my feet, counting ceiling tiles, scratching, digging in my ear, you name it.

Magical visualization has trained me to visualize abstract concepts and see the outcome of a project before I start on it. It's also taught me a lot about knowing when an outcome is worth the effort, or if it's a pipe-dream. I'm detail oriented without getting bogged down and losing my focus.

Granted, most of my spells have been ephemeral. The first boy I tried to cast a 'love spell' on is not my husband, the first job I got through magical means is not the one I'm working at now, and I have gotten bogged down in the mundane world - but I'm 35 & candle wax won't pay my bills. Magic brought me to the feet of my personal faith - and my non-spell-casting Pagan eyes can still see a lot of magic, wonder and Mystery in the world around me.

Devo
Master Member
Last Login:October 26, 2011, 09:58:01 pm

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 14, 2009, 01:14:04 am »

Now, I don't use magic at all because I've found, through spiritual growth, that things happen for a reason and timing is everything.
I must say I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I first got into Paganism (through Wicca) I found magic to be interesting, and practiced it off and on to try and help things work out for me or those around me (job spells, prosperity, happiness- those sorts of things). However, over the years, I've found that even my best spells don't always get the job done- that the gods have their own agendas in store, and have a better gauge as to what I should be doing/where I should be going. That being said, I don't practice magic anymore (save in the very very rare instances). For me, it have never really seemed to matter how much intent I put into the spell, things are going to move as fast as they're going to move, and I just have to sit and wait for those things to happen. Really, anymore, the only spell I'd try would be to help give me more patience, waiting for said things to come on their way Tongue
-Devo

dA | FB | LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)