The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 16, 2021, 02:50:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2021, 02:50:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Good thought needed for unemployment hearing  (Read 3151 times)
Phoenix
Adept Member
Last Login:June 14, 2011, 05:51:50 am
United States United States

Religion: Pantheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 15, 2009, 02:16:09 pm »

Winnebago is fighting my unemployment
The fact finding hearing is on August 21 at 2:15 US Central Time

All the time I was on Line 2 (under four different bosses over 21 years), somebody (boss, lead man, or inspector) came and told me if there was a problem and we dealt with it

Example:
One bolt on seat pedestals was coming out too tight or too loose
The boss came and talked to me about it; then people from Engineering and Quality Control came down, and we worked together to figure out why this was happening and how to fix it.

I had a near-perfect attendance record,  did my job well (working late and/or through lunch if need be) and for 21 years, I got good reviews

Randy's style (over on Line 4) was different.
As he once told us at a meeting, "It's your responsibility to know what your job is."
I learned early not to go to him with an issue because I got yelled at every time I did

I think I can make a pretty good case that a couple of the write ups I got weren't my fault, but all the help I can get would be appreciated

For example:

I was expected to trouble-shoot the wiring harnesses, but other than the blue prints (which only showed which wire went where in the plugs) I was given no information on how the wiring worked.
When I asked Randy for that information because I need to have an understanding of how it works before I can make a logical assessment when it doesn’t, he told me he couldn’t get it for me.
I was going to ask the engineer for it, but didn't see him that often and didn't get it done.

In the couple days before I got fired, there were some problems where the slide outs on the pilot unit didn’t work, and none of the front slide outs on the last four 32s worked.
Steve was convinced that I was hooking something up wrong (even after I told him that there was no power to the switch) and Randy yelled at me about not doing my job right.
As it turned out, the pilot required a second jumper which nobody had told me about until the lead man came back from vacation and the 32s had wiring issues that weren’t my fault

Another time, I got written up for setting the rams on a 330-D at the wrong dimension.
The lead man told me the dimension was right, but I had measured from the wrong point), we only did three or four of them in six months and it was the first time I had done one alone.

It was the only unit where I had to install the rams and I wasn’t sure where to measure from and had no one to ask, so I measured from the plate to the bracket on each side using the logic that it would ensure that the ram was set straight side to side

Another time, I got in trouble because the running boards on the 524A were going out loose ....
They had one sitting down at the south end and Brian (the lead man) told me the running boards were loose on both sides. I got my air wrench, but it wouldn’t go any tighter (we weren’t torqueing them at that time, so I had no way to know just how tight they were or just how tight they were supposed to be, but I didn’t dare tighten them too much because over-torqueing would break the toggle bolt), so I used a wrench to tighten it another turn.

I was going to tell Brian that the air wrench wouldn’t go any tighter, but he had disappeared when I came out and I didn‘t see him the rest of the day, so I didn’t get the chance to tell him; but I started tightening them a little more with the wrench.

Even after they got me a torque wrench so I could verify how tight it was and I told Randy that the air tool I was using was worn out and wouldn't go that tight (it took another three turns to reach spec), His only comment was, “Guy never had any trouble getting them tight, so I don’t know why you can’t.” and I still got written up for it like it was my fault

Later, after we had started torqueing them, one came out loose on one end (inspector said it didn‘t happen very often), so figuring that I was running into the same issue that tended to crop up on the 700 trailer hitches where the first bolt tightened tended to loosen when the second bolt was tightened, I started double-torqueing the bolts just to be sure

On the 32s, there is an aluminum tube that runs the length of the sidewalls which needs to be cut out at four points for slide-out clearance.

If I cut them all the way out to the support tube, I was cutting through the weld and the blade on the sides which took a lot of time and power (I was using an electric Sawzall, and going through three power packs per unit so I couldn’t keep enough power packs charged to do two units in a row, let alone when we started running four in a row) and the saw got so hot I had blisters on my arm from it.

Nothing had been said about just how wide it needed to be, so I figured if I backed off 3 mm (the standard tolerance) from the sides, it would solve the problem and if Bertha didn’t like it, somebody would tell me and we would find another way. After doing it that way for a month, nobody had said a word about it.

When Randy noticed it and yelled, I asked him if he wanted it wider.
He told me it needed to be all the way out to the tube, so I grabbed the saw and re-cut it. When I told him that nobody had told me there was a problem with the way I was doing it (I'd been doing it that way for a month and nobody had said a word), he said I should have asked somebody

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
- Ronald Reagan

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: August 15, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »

Winnebago is fighting my unemployment
The fact finding hearing is on August 21 at 2:15 US Central Time

Good luck! In Texas, these things are stacked against the employee. I hear it is not so blatantly so in most other states.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Phoenix
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: August 15, 2009, 05:14:41 pm »

Good luck! In Texas, these things are stacked against the employee. I hear it is not so blatantly so in most other states.

I plan to bring all these things out at the hearing

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
- Ronald Reagan
Phoenix
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 15, 2009, 08:38:33 pm »

I've heard about six or seven people with 15-33 years of service that have been fired over the last month or so.
Word on the street is that they are looking for excuses to get rid of some of the people with over 20 years in so they can replace them with people making $5/hour less

- Ronald Reagan
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: August 15, 2009, 09:35:12 pm »

I've heard about six or seven people with 15-33 years of service that have been fired over the last month or so.
Word on the street is that they are looking for excuses to get rid of some of the people with over 20 years in so they can replace them with people making $5/hour less

Sadly, not surprising, but probably no way to prove it. Sad

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 16, 2009, 10:37:07 am »

I plan to bring all these things out at the hearing

have you talked to a lawyer? Might be worth it.
the Removal of Curses mantra is awesome for this kind of thing...I'll talk to Maa about it on your behalf.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Phoenix
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 20, 2009, 04:56:35 pm »

the Removal of Curses mantra is awesome for this kind of thing...I'll talk to Maa about it on your behalf.

That would be good, thank you.
The hearing is at  2:15 (12:15 West coast time)

I find that there are a lot of little signs coming up

A week ago, Monday, I was walking into the Dialysis Center (which could be symbolic in itself) and when the doors opened, there was a hawk feather just inside the doorway.
When the doors open, vision will clear

Wednesday, I did my magick in a quiet wooded spot in the park; and when I came out, a metallic blue dragonfly landed right in front of me.

Friday, I went back to the park and there was a cicada shell attached to the oak tree I've been working by.

Monday, I found a cicada, again

17 years ago was my first PSG, when I first walked out of the wilderness into the Pagan Village and found that I had come home

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:39:20 pm by RandallS, Reason: quote BBCode Fixed » Logged

- Ronald Reagan
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #7: August 21, 2009, 10:38:41 am »

That would be good, thank you.
The hearing is at  2:15 (12:15 West coast time)

okey doke  Smiley
Jai matakali ki!

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Phoenix
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: August 21, 2009, 04:25:18 pm »

Good news!!
Good news!!
Good news!!

I got my fact finding interview (in rather abbreviated form), and Winnebago has changed their mind about contesting my unemployment benefits
The problem is thereby resolved  Grin

A big thanks to any and all who have lent a hand in this situation
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:28:29 pm by Phoenix » Logged

- Ronald Reagan
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: August 21, 2009, 04:45:02 pm »

I got my fact finding interview (in rather abbreviated form), and Winnebago has changed their mind about contesting my unemployment benefits

Excellent news indeed!

Randall
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #10: August 21, 2009, 08:57:05 pm »

Good news!!
Good news!!
Good news!!

A big thanks to any and all who have lent a hand in this situation

Jai Maa!!

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Phoenix
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: September 03, 2009, 12:35:37 am »

The guy at Job Service seems to think my manufacturing experience gives me a very good chance at landing a job at the Glad plant in Rogers, AR; and he says I could very well surpass what I was making at Winnebago (after 22 years) within a year

- Ronald Reagan
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #12: September 03, 2009, 01:17:34 am »

The guy at Job Service seems to think my manufacturing experience gives me a very good chance at landing a job at the Glad plant in Rogers, AR; and he says I could very well surpass what I was making at Winnebago (after 22 years) within a year

Jai Jai Maa  Smiley

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: September 03, 2009, 07:49:44 am »

Sweet.

Tim's in the process of relocating to a new position in company right now, and if all goes well, he'll be making a bit more, though he'll have a much longer drive every day.  Still, they pay travel expenses, so that's okay.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: September 03, 2009, 08:01:01 am »

Good luck!

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)