The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 20, 2020, 08:38:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 08:38:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Helpers: Get a Custom Avatar Here  (Read 81960 times)
INsearch
Master Member
Last Login:August 26, 2012, 01:05:44 pm
United States United States

Religion: Just seeking.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #270: January 25, 2009, 09:17:27 pm »

You'll need to save it to your hard drive, and then upload it somewhere else on the web.  (I think a lot of people here use Photobucket for storing their images.)  Then you'll put this code in your sig, replacing (address) with the address of the image (which, if you're using something like Photobucket, probably they will tell you what the address is):

[img width=300 height=100]http://(address)[/img]

For that matter, places like Photobucket might even just give you the necessary BBcode--make sure that it includes height and width, though.

I right clicked the picture saved it to my computer uploaded it on Photobucket... thats how its done Smiley yayayay.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Lykaios
Journeyman
Last Login:January 11, 2013, 10:01:06 pm

Religion: Kemetic AUJIK Pagan (only half kidding about the AUJIK)
TCN ID: Lykaios

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #271: January 25, 2009, 09:19:31 pm »

I'll see what I can do  Smiley

Sorry for the delay. This took longer than I hoped it would. Finding (good) free stock pictures of felines in mid-air is *very* much harder than I though. (Good star fields are also in short supply)  I usually like to give three options on the first go around, but in the interest of getting back to you sooner rather than later, I'm uploading the one I've already got finished. Let me know what you like and what you don't and I'll go from there:

Also, did you want a Sig picture to? If so, do you want it to be the same or similar to your avatar or something a bit different? I've got a really cool Cancer (astrology) banner I haven't done anything with if you're interested in seeing it.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #272: January 25, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »

I right clicked the picture saved it to my computer uploaded it on Photobucket... thats how its done Smiley yayayay.

Looks like you've got some spare code hanging out there...  Were you trying to center it, perhaps?  If so, you need to make those c's into center's and you'll be good to go.  Wink

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
INsearch
Master Member
Last Login:August 26, 2012, 01:05:44 pm

Religion: Just seeking.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #273: January 25, 2009, 09:33:55 pm »

Looks like you've got some spare code hanging out there...  Were you trying to center it, perhaps?  If so, you need to make those c's into center's and you'll be good to go.  Wink

Thanks!
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #274: February 17, 2009, 11:04:13 pm »

a) have a lovely photo for your avatar, but no idea how to fit it into that little space?

Yes, does anyone mind shrinking it to fit the avatar regulations?

I just previewed the image and I would also like that white space on the right side of it cropped off.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #275: February 18, 2009, 12:06:50 am »

Yes, does anyone mind shrinking it to fit the avatar regulations?

Let's see if this worked...

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
FierFlye
Adept Member

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #276: February 18, 2009, 12:08:42 am »

Let's see if this worked...

Okay, you should be able to right-click and save it to your computer!

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #277: February 18, 2009, 12:15:46 am »

Okay, you should be able to right-click and save it to your computer!

Thanks Grin

oh and testing.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Hufflee
Master Member
Last Login:September 17, 2011, 03:46:48 pm

Religion: Spiritual Witch with an Hermetic bent

Blog entries (0)

hufflee Jennifer Lee Huffman who has time?

Ignore
« Reply #278: February 18, 2009, 01:20:51 am »

Do you:

a) have a lovely photo for your avatar, but no idea how to fit it into that little space?

b) have no idea what to do for your avatar, but still want a shiny picture?

or c) love messing around with Photoshop, PSP, Gimp, etc?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you have come to the right thread!  Here is the place for the nongraphically inclined to get a fab avatar, and the hobbyist (and professional! Smiley) designers to pick up a new project to play with.

There is a picture I took on my digital that I would love to use as my avatar, but I have no idea how to convert it into one, or if it's even possible. Any help anyone is willing to give me would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish blood is laughing)

Spangleburt
Apprentice
Last Login:March 25, 2010, 08:46:52 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #279: February 18, 2009, 09:01:39 am »

I absolutely love making avatars and signatures, and I have a rather large list of resources for free images. I use a few programs, Mojo (landscape rendering), Apophysis (fractal images) and Pixia (general freebie photo and image manipulation software).

If you would like a custom image to use here or elsewhere (web site banners?) I would love to help you out. Smiley

Did you make your current avatar? Just wondering, as I've always thought it's pretty awesome.

To all designers: I've been looking for an artistic interpretation of myself (something slightly anime and slightly faery (just slightly, as I'd want to use the avatar on multiple sites, some of which are less ...open minded in the gender stereotyping kinda way)) for a while but my own artistic abilities aren't all that hot. If anyone is up for the challenge I can provide a full length photo of myself to work from (in casual wear, although what I'd be wearing in the artwork would be completely your own choice). I would obviously also understand if such an endeavour would be a bit more of a task than people were really considering, as it seems a bit full-on.

Otherwise, for a fairly standard abstract kind of avatar, would anyone be up for asking a set of random questions and surprising me with an avatar designed based on the answers?

"The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls." -Simon and Garfunkel

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #280: February 18, 2009, 09:09:59 am »

Did you make your current avatar? Just wondering, as I've always thought it's pretty awesome.

Dania hasn't been around in months, so I'm not sure you're going to get an answer to that question...  I seem to have vague memories that she did create her avatar herself, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

FierFlye
Adept Member

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #281: February 18, 2009, 09:29:48 am »

There is a picture I took on my digital that I would love to use as my avatar, but I have no idea how to convert it into one, or if it's even possible. Any help anyone is willing to give me would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

If you just want it cropped and resized, I can do that.  You can email it to me or post it here like Mel did. 

If you want colors adjusted and text added though, that's beyond my and my photo program's skills.   Smiley  I'm sure someone else will step up.

Hufflee
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #282: February 18, 2009, 11:57:10 am »

If you just want it cropped and resized, I can do that.  You can email it to me or post it here like Mel did. 

If you want colors adjusted and text added though, that's beyond my and my photo program's skills.   Smiley  I'm sure someone else will step up.

I'll email it to you. How to I make it my avatar ones it's sized properly? I suppose I could put in on my myspace, but there's got to be an easier way. Right now it's just sitting in the my pictures folder on my desktop. Can I do it from there?

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

Hufflee
Master Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #283: February 18, 2009, 12:03:18 pm »

I can't email it to you because your email add is hidden. I have no idea how to insert a picture into the posting area. I see the image button, but I don't know what to do with it, or how to get the code? from the picture to insert it into the image quotes. Please Help! Embarrassed

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #284: February 18, 2009, 12:05:19 pm »

I'll email it to you. How to I make it my avatar ones it's sized properly? I suppose I could put in on my myspace, but there's got to be an easier way. Right now it's just sitting in the my pictures folder on my desktop. Can I do it from there?

Well, technically you could, but you'd be the only one able to see it.  Smiley  The rest of us would just see the old broken-image icon, since our computers can't access yours to get the image.

The easiest way is probably to sign up for a free account at Photobucket--several people here use it and it seems to work pretty well for them.  Photobucket should give you instructions to upload the image there, and then give you an address for it once it's uploaded.  When you have the address, go to the avatar section in your profile and you should see (below the list of standard TC avatars) the box to put that address in.  Then save as you would after any other profile change, and you should be all set.

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)