The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 21, 2020, 02:40:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 02:40:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Issue with Posting  (Read 6071 times)
Athystle
Journeyman
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 06:05:23 pm
United States United States

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: October 28, 2009, 01:19:18 pm »

If that's the case, then I do suspect it's specifically IE's latest handling of Javascript...  I was just fine on IE7 until I upgraded to 8, and then started having the problem, but I wouldn't bet on my having had everything up-to-date on 7.

I came  to the section because I was going to ask why I was having a problem now for several months. I did not think anything about it maybe having something to do with updating IE, which I did do. Not only can I not see what I am typing, the whole white box moves, like scrolls up and down while typing. It is just much to irritating to attempt to use. I have now found that other ppl have a similar problem. I don't know anything about getting another browser, would have not a clue. I bought this the month before Vista came out and never updated to it. When I first started typing this, the box was not shaking and I wondered why. Well it sure is now, so done.Any more suggestions?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #16: October 28, 2009, 01:46:31 pm »

I came  to the section because I was going to ask why I was having a problem now for several months. I did not think anything about it maybe having something to do with updating IE, which I did do. Not only can I not see what I am typing, the whole white box moves, like scrolls up and down while typing. It is just much to irritating to attempt to use. I have now found that other ppl have a similar problem. I don't know anything about getting another browser, would have not a clue. I bought this the month before Vista came out and never updated to it. When I first started typing this, the box was not shaking and I wondered why. Well it sure is now, so done.Any more suggestions?

I haven't found a fix yet.  Sad  All I can suggest is to type your response in another program (like Notepad) and then copy-and-paste it in here.  If you do this, just remember to hit the Preview button before actually posting, to make sure that your post looks like it's supposed to and hasn't gotten messed up in the copy and paste process (which sometimes happens).

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #17: October 28, 2009, 07:52:27 pm »

I don't know anything about getting another browser, would have not a clue.

I use Firefox on my laptop, and do not have the weird posting problem that I get using Internet Explorer on my work computer.  You can get it for free here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html

You should be able to just click on the download button and follow the prompts.  It should install itself and then you can use it just like you'd use IE.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #18: October 28, 2009, 08:44:11 pm »

I use Firefox on my laptop, and do not have the weird posting problem that I get using Internet Explorer on my work computer.  You can get it for free here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html

You should be able to just click on the download button and follow the prompts.  It should install itself and then you can use it just like you'd use IE.

Sorry--yes, this is definitely actually the first route I'd take if possible.  When I posted my reply, I was at work, where I'm unable to install any browser other than IE, so I was in the "stuck with this program" mindset.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #19: October 28, 2009, 08:55:39 pm »

Possible Fix in Place:

I've just read that adding a Microsoft-specific meta-tag to force IE8 to run in IE7-compatible mode on a page will fix this issue. I've added the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> tage to the "master template" page of the forum, so IE8 users should FORCE a reload (hold down the control key on your keyboard while clicking on the reload button) then try posting and see if the problem is fixed. ::fingers crossed::

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #20: October 29, 2009, 05:35:37 am »

Possible Fix in Place:

I've just read that adding a Microsoft-specific meta-tag to force IE8 to run in IE7-compatible mode on a page will fix this issue. I've added the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> tage to the "master template" page of the forum, so IE8 users should FORCE a reload (hold down the control key on your keyboard while clicking on the reload button) then try posting and see if the problem is fixed. ::fingers crossed::

::gets hopes up::

I'll try it when I get to work and let you know.

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #21: October 29, 2009, 07:13:31 am »

::gets hopes up::

I'll try it when I get to work and let you know.

Good news--it appears to have worked for me, at least.

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: October 29, 2009, 07:44:39 am »

Good news--it appears to have worked for me, at least.

This is good to hear.  One annoying problem apparently solved.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Athystle
Journeyman
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 06:05:23 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: October 29, 2009, 03:24:23 pm »

Possible Fix in Place:

great, now, I know it sounds dumb but when/where will I see this reload button to click on? Is it something that will come up when I try to post? I don't understand when this "force a reload" will occur, or is it something I need to initiate? I sure hope once I understand what to do it works for me too, that will be wonderful. Oh, wait a minute, it is doing it right now, could it have fixed itself?
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #24: October 29, 2009, 04:18:24 pm »

great, now, I know it sounds dumb but when/where will I see this reload button to click on? Is it something that will come up when I try to post? I don't understand when this "force a reload" will occur, or is it something I need to initiate? I sure hope once I understand what to do it works for me too, that will be wonderful. Oh, wait a minute, it is doing it right now, could it have fixed itself?

Randall's talking about the reload (or refresh) button on your browser.  Where exactly to find it will depend on what browser you're using.  Click on that while holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard and you will have focrd a reload.

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #25: October 29, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »

Oh, wait a minute, it is doing it right now, could it have fixed itself?

Yes, it could have. The Control-Reload thing was to force the old copy of the page out of your browser cache. If it is working, you don't need to worry about that.

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)