Please donate now to pay our monthly server fees:
While this web site is designed to work in all major browsers, we recommend Firefox.
|The Cauldron's Magick Library
- Basic Candle Magick (Author Unknown)
- A simple method for performing candle magick, including a candle color chart.
- Basic Spell Design (Author Unknown)
- A general description of how to design a magick spell or simple ritual.
- Books on the Folklore and Magickal Uses of Herbs and Trees by Susan Joy Atton
- A bibliography with brief comments of books on the folklore and magickal uses of herbs.
- Control Yourself! by Faerie K.
- This article discusses Crowley's Liber III vel Jugorum method of training in self-control.
- Crowley and Tantric Magick (Author Unknown)
- This article takes Crowley's writings on tantric magick and explains and demystifies them.
- Culpeper's Complete Herbal [Download]
- Originally published as The English Physician Or an Astrologo-physical Discourse of the Vulgar Herbs of this Nation in the mid-1600s, Nicholas Culpeper's famous herbal was the last herbal until the modern era to list the occult properties of herbs in detail. For this, it is still useful for the modern Pagan and Magician. Its medicinal advice is often woefully (and, in places, dangerously) out of date. Please use a modern herbal for medicinal information. This 528K zip file contains the text of Culpeper in MS Word format.
- Gnostic Pentagram Ritual by Fireclown
- Commentary on Carroll's Gnostic Pentagram ritual with some suggestions for modification and expansion.
- Introduction to Ceremonial Magick by Phil Hansford
- Eleven lessons in basic magick, ceremonial style.
- The Kabbalah: A Reference by Colin Low
- This Kabbalah Reference was prepared for the alt.magick Usenet hierarchy. It is intended to provide a brief introduction to Kabbalah, and pointers to additional sources of information.
- Lessons in Magickal Herbal Use by Leillan
- Four brief lessons in magickal herbal usage.
- The Magick of the Fan by Bryanny FairRaven
- How to use the traditional hand fan in magick.
- Nature Spirit Magick by Larry Cornett
- One person's method for working with nature spirits.
- New Aeon Magick by Gerald del Campo
- This online book is an introduction to western ceremonial magick with some stress on Thelema.
- Nightmare Banishing Dream Pillow by Faerie K.
- This article discusses the creation of a herbal pillow to banish nightmares.
- Planetary Talismans (Author Unknown)
- Instructions for constructing Planetary Talismans.
- Psychic Protection by Koren
- This article provides basic instructions on several methods of psychic protection with simple rituals for both individuals and groups.
- Quantum Magick by Larry Cornett
- This article proposes a possible scientific basis for magick based on the theories of Quantum Mechanics.
- Smudging by Michelle Chihacou White Puma Klein-Hass
- This article explains the herbs and methods used in smudging.
- The Star Ruby by Faerie K.
- Crowley's Star Ruby has been left in the shadow of the more widely known Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Many Pagans, however, prefer the Star Ruby because of it uses Pagan symbolism.
- The Use of Focii: External and Internal (Elezar)
- A short article on the "why" of magickal tools.
- Visualizing by Ear by Faerie K.
- While many books on magick assume everyone can vizualize in pictures, this often is not the case. This article discusses using non-visual senses for magickal vizualization.
- Why Does the LBRP Use Only the Banishing Earth Pentagram by Faerie K.
- A short article explaining why the Earth banishing pentagram is the only elemental banishing pentagram used in the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.
- Wiccan Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram by Paul Hume
- A short article on adapting the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram to Pagan systems, using Wicca as the example.
- Witch Bottles by Faerie K.
- An article on the history, use, and creation of witch bottles, both traditional and modern.